April 1, 2023, 9AM – 5PM
The Philadelphia Undergraduate Mathematics Conference Series is a collaborative effort of the Mathematics Departments at Bryn Mawr College, La Salle University, Rutgers University–Camden, and Temple University. Our goal is to provide professional opportunities and research exposure to undergraduate students from the Philadelphia area interested in Mathematics.
Law School Building
217 N. 5th Street
Camden, NJ 08102
The conference will be held in the Rutgers-Camden Law School building.
All talks will be held in Room 106.
Room 103 is also available for discussions and breakout sessions.
Registration, breakfast, lunch, poster session, and reception will be held in Room E200-Clark Commons (Bridge).
Registration has been closed.
Please contact Ms. Sangeetha Maheshwari if you have any question.
The conference will feature:
- Plenary Lectures:
- Ximena Catepillán (Millersville University): Ethnomathematics: The connection between culture, history, and mathematics.
- Philip Gressman (University of Pennsylvania): How big can it be? Quantifying size in Fourier Analysis.
- Benedetto Piccoli (Rutgers University-Camden): Math everywhere: How mathematics is used in real-life situations.
- Undergraduate Talks and Posters
- Exploring Careers in Mathematics Panel (short biographies of panelists):
- Hussein Awala, Portfolio Analytics Specialist, PNC Bank, Temple alumni
- Robin England, Market Vice President, New York Life, Rutgers-Camden alumni
- Haydee Herrera-Guzman, Graduate Program Director, Math, Rutgers-Camden
- Martin Lorenz, Former Graduate Program Director, Math, Temple
- Eric Miller, Data and Performance Analyst, Lockheed Martin, Temple alumni
- Lynne Price-Jones, Math and Sciences (Grades 1-8), Camden City School District
- Karen Walkinshaw, Math and Sciences (Grades 9-12), Camden City School District
- Samantha Wert, Operations Analyst, Susquehanna International Group, Temple alumni
- Leslie C Cheng, Bryn Mawr College
- Janet Fierson, La Salle University
- Maria Lorenz, Temple University
- Djordje Milićević, Bryn Mawr College
- Irina Mitrea, Temple University
- Charles Osborne, Temple University
- Jeromy Sivek, Temple University
Local Faculty Organizers
- Siqi Fu and Howard Jacobowitz
- Samuel Kankam, Samantha Moroney, and Nabiha Samra
- Department of Mathematical Sciences, Rutgers University-Camden
Contact Ms. Sangeetha Maheshwari at firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be free parking in LOT C1, LOT C2, LOT C3, and LOT C14. View the Campus Map for lot locations.